YYYYY= I have died and gone to heaven YYYY = AMAZING! YYY = Can I have another? YY = Very yummy Y = Ehh

3.31.2009

Taste Test: Coconut Bliss Cappuccino Ice Cream


Coconut Bliss Cappuccino Ice Cream


RATING:YYY(3 out of 5 hearts!)

I found this in the local health food store the other day and decided to check it out. I thought that So Delicious Coconut Milk was the only Coconut Milk based vegan ice cream out there but apparently not! Since I'm a huge fan of the coconut milk craze, I decided it was worth a try.

Anyway, this was pretty expensive but it is made with USDA certified organic & fair-trade ingredients, sweetened with agave syrup and it seems to be a really cool company from what I read on their site.

I got the cappuccino flavor because coffee ice cream is one of my favorite flavors and I don't come across it often. It was very smooth and creamy. It lacked that ice-y consistency that ruins many vegan brands. In addition, it doesn't melt quickly like I've seen other vegan ice creams do. Seriously, vegan ice cream makers - coconut milk is the way to go!

The coffee flavor was a little too subtle for me, I personally love and crave that dark espresso flavor, but I nonetheless enjoyed it very much.

They have some other interesting flavors I'd really like to try such as Chocolate Hazelnut Fudge (drool), Cherry Amaretto and Strawberry Lemon Love. Ha, cute.

Have you tried this ice cream? Are there other coconut milk ice creams out there? Post in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment