YYYYY= I have died and gone to heaven YYYY = AMAZING! YYY = Can I have another? YY = Very yummy Y = Ehh

3.30.2009

Oreo Fun Stix

Oreo Fun Stix


RATING:YY(2 out of 5 hearts!)
I was food shopping this weekend and stumbled upon Oreo Fun Stix...a new spin-off of oreos but in a 90 calorie pack form. Each pack consists of two pirouette-like cookie sticks lined, not filled, with oreo cream. This was a pretty exciting find since I love wafer sticks, they remind me of family get togethers when they would get dipped in coffee and eaten. Plus, I'm a big fan of oreos (also vegan) but try to stray away from buying them due to the calorie count. (As contrary as it seems, I do try to maintain my girlish figure somewhat!)

These were really tasty! They are light and crunchy, they really remind me of other wafer sticks I've had but with that chocolately oreo taste. It would probably taste much better if the whole stick was filled with oreo creme but I bet it wouldn't be 90 calories per 2 stick pack if that were the case. 

Have you tried these? Are there other vegan wafer sticks you know of? Post in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. hah, just shows that all that fat is in that cream. I loved those Italian wafer sticks that are available at specialty shops. No idea if they are vegan (looked it up, ones I could find ingredients for have whole dry milk...), so always good to know have these as an option. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 'Golden' version of Oreo funstix are vegan as well, and, in my opinion, tastier. Oreo is also doing a new cookie called 'Fudgees' (not to be confused with fudge-covered Oreos, which contain milk products), which are vegan and delicious.

    ReplyDelete