YYYYY= I have died and gone to heaven YYYY = AMAZING! YYY = Can I have another? YY = Very yummy Y = Ehh

4.20.2009

DC VISIT: Hello Cupcake!


Chocolate Cupcake with Strawberry Frosting



RATING:YYYY(4 out of 5 hearts!)

Hello Cupcake! Is a cute cupcake shop located near Dupont Circle in DC. What’s cool about this place is that it serves a diverse crowd, from young to old, hip to frat, it’s kind of fun to see an older man indulging in a cupcake. Though this shop is not 100% vegan, they always have gluten-free and vegan offerings. Unfortunately the vegan selection is pretty limited, when I stopped in I could only choose from a chocolate cake with either chocolate, vanilla or strawberry frosting. However, it was kind of refreshing to have a simple cupcake rather than something over-done.

I chose the strawberry and it was perfect. It wasn’t overly sweet & sugary – the strawberry flavor was just right. The cupcake itself was moist and soft. I really enjoyed this little bite! If I lived in DC I would frequent this place .

1 comment: