YYYYY= I have died and gone to heaven YYYY = AMAZING! YYY = Can I have another? YY = Very yummy Y = Ehh

7.12.2009

TASTE TEST: Uncle Eddie's Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Uncle Eddie's Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie
RATING:

I tried out the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies by Uncle Eddie's Vegan Cookies and I do have to say the flavor was spot on. The chocolate chips were really sweet and creamy and the peanut butter flavor was strong and present. However, I wasn't a fan of the consistency. I feel like I've tried better cookies, such as those by Alternative Baking company. These cookies were really dry. At times I felt like I was eating chewing on flavored sand. I think that at this point, vegan cookies can do better than that. So was a little disappointed since these cookies had so much potential in terms of flavor and taste. I paid $5.89 for a 12 oz. bag, ordered off of Vegan Essentials.

3 comments:

  1. Uncle Eddie's uses palm oil - which is generally incredibly environmentally destructive e.g. Sinar Mas in Indonesia... boooo Uncle Eddie's

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say the same thing about the oatmeal choc chip Uncle Eddies cookies. Except they didn't have much taste and were a little dry for me. But Amazon has almost all 5 Star reviews for these cookies. One person said they were "HOOKED"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made these before. Tasty.

    ReplyDelete