YYYYY= I have died and gone to heaven YYYY = AMAZING! YYY = Can I have another? YY = Very yummy Y = Ehh

4.06.2009

TASTE TEST: le pain quotidien apple canele


Le Pain Quotidien Apple Canele


RATING:YY(2 out of 5 hearts!)

I can't pronounce the name of this place for the life of me, so I am often intimidated to enter, but, I heard they had vegan foods. I stopped in and was greeted by a friendly server who politely corrected my pronunciation of canele and even explained to me what it was. She described it as a bread pudding.

It tasted to me kind of like a super spongy fruit cake. It was very sweet and tasty and the top was covered in a sticky apple glaze. It's kind of heavy for a morning breakfast but it's good when one wakes up starving. I would definitely get it again.

What I liked about this place was that they noted on the card/menu what was vegan. It made it easy for me to make my choice rather than having to bug the server about what options I had.

Have you tried the vegan breakfast options at le pain quotidien? Post in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment